Why the world needs superman

Sunday, November 05, 2006

I might be certifiable

Maybe I'm too nice - but it makes me sad that they have sentenced Sadam to death by hanging. I'm not saying that he hasn't done wrong in his life --- but what makes it just for people to decide he should die - and let alone by hanging. Shouldn't then the people who make that judgement be judge? I suppose I'm just against the death penalty. I just don't get where "we" get off being allowed to cut someone's life short. There are so many people who die as it is before we expect them too - why force someone to that. I sadly would wish that he would have a heart attack and die the day before he was set to hang - because then at least it was moreso of natural causes and not at the doing of someone else. I can't even imagine being the person that releases the board, or ties the rope - or causes the actually hanging to take place - I just couldn't live with myself.
I know I've killed many bugs in my life time - and I suppose killing a bug is ending its life early - especially since they also have families too I suppose... but there is a spider in my bathroom, I call him Shirely (yeah I know, I need help! ahaha)... but he's been there for about two weeks in the same spot... and he doesn't bother me - so I don't bother him --- I do wonder how long he is going to live without eating though - how long can a spider survive? will it starve? I almost feel as if I should provide Shirely with something to eat - but I figure he's smart enough to know how to survive... ok enough of my insanity now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home