Why the world needs superman

Friday, October 13, 2006

Natural Diaster or sewage flood - I need Superman!

Yesterday (Thursday) was not my favourite day.
Class wasn't my idea of fun. I dislike feeling stupid, and class yesterday made me feel head over heels stupid. The concepts we were talking about I was lacking the capibility to grasp and comprehend. (personal note - I enjoy that I used the word "grasp" in the previous sentence as my class deals with prehension - the movements of grasping and reaching!)... As the three hour class crept closer and closer to completion - my stomach increased in levels of pain and knots. I thought I was going to "up chuck" before getting up out of my seat... but I made it through (and in the end as I learned today - the class helped me thus far understand my readings for next week... hopefully that continues)
After class though I didn't want to stay at school any more so I headed out for home (Windsor house).
Upon arriving home and venturing to the basement, where my room is, I come across a surprising finding, one that wasn't very pleasing. I cannot walk to my room. Its not that I lost my ability to walk, my gait was intact, but the floor was not easily accessible as it was submerged under a certain amount of water. Well - I can't say water - because that paints too pretty of a picture. You see - the tree roots from our neighbours front yard tree decided to compress and impact upon our sewage pipe, so much so that the pipe gave way and burst. The sewage water --- into our basement. YAH!!! So I bailed stinky, gross, discoloured, and freezing cold sewage water until about 10pm. I had one roomate of four help me. One of the remainging two had an exam - and the other didn't want to go near the icky gross water.
The landlord got there when he could - he tore out the carpet in my room and helped us try to do what we could for the night (the city and plumber couldn't come until the next morning)...thankfully nothing in my room was damaged that I owned - but the floors and walls and screwed!
Also on a nice note - Matt offered to come over and help bail water with me and Ariana - but when he got there we had been bailing for over 5 hours so I was tired - so instead he took me out for a nice warm drink...

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

ahhh hun... that SUCKS... I'm so sorry to hear that your place is icky with gross water -- I completely understand the frustration of FLOODS!! I'm thinking of you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home