Why the world needs superman

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Superman and me talk football!

What an exciting game! Chad Pennington's Jets against Payton Manning's Colts... woowee!
Both teams played and moved the ball really well - it was definitely a game of offense against offense - both teams left defense at home! But man - it was an exciting game... there was always something happening, and if the game was five minutes longer, the outcome may have been different!!!
I was impressed that the Colts were having a good ground game - Payton usually likes to put the ball in the air - but the amount of rushing yards they had was really refreshing to see - especially since it was working for them! And even to see Payton's excitement in the game - the emotion he had - he even spiked the ball after a touchdown - Payton - who knew he even knew how to do that!!!
There were a few times there that I thought the Jets had us. The last TD they had - running the field on a return - oh it mad my stomach turn! But with the two minutes left to see Payton get his guys to the other end and score - we were back on top.... BUT THEN... the very last play of the game, the Jets fight to keep the ball alive by constantly throwing it to the next guy on the line to try and get towards their end zone - I thought they might actually pull it off!!! I would have said well done if they had scored - but thankfully instead my Colts continue yet again to be undefeated going 4-0. I take pride in my Colts being undefeated during regular season play, because all Colt fans need to be realistic and understand that when we get to the playoffs within the first or second playoff game Payton will choke and we will never see the ring!
But it was a great game!
Now off to watch Cinanniti and New England....oh yeah, and do some homework - and cook dinner for mom and Laura... oh football....

3 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I tried reading that... but my eyes glazed over as soon as I saw it was football-related, and it's hard reading through glazed eyes ;)

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

If I was a religious man... or woman, I'd shout with glee....God Bless Football!!

Jen you suck - football is so not glaze worthy -- we seriously need to do a girls weekend down to Detroit or Chicago to watch a live game - - LET'S DO IT!!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Jen - its hard to believe we've been friends for so long and I've never made you watch an entire football game with me - but at the same time I respect the fact its not your thing - but I think there are pills for that!
and Sharon - I've always wanted to see a live NFL game - I'd go even if it wasn't my colts playing too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home