Why the world needs superman

Monday, September 11, 2006

What would Superman's Song be?

I've been told that each person has a song. There is a song out there that a person can most relate too, or the lyrics just fit inthe description of his or her life. Once a song is chosen, it does not mean this will be the song that fits for the rest of one's life. Rather the song of description may change moment to moment, year to year, or life event to life event.
There are songs that exist that I really like, but this was just personal prefence and not because the song actually depicted any part of my life or who I am... ok "I like big butts" was close enough to be a theme song! hahaha.
Today however, as I sat at the dining room table in my parents house, supposedly working on school work (more realistically allowing myself to be distracted by the multitude of television stations that are serviced to the house!)...a singer formerly a contestent on RockStar Supernova (for those who aren't up to date with the show, I will not say the name in case you dod not know this person is kicked off yet...)... say a song on Ellen today that made me listen to the lyrics a little more closely. It is a song we've all heard - its a song we all know, and most likely sing along too. However, if you sang along in a way similar to me, you would have done so mindlessly. Even after you just sang word for word the song, you would not be able to repeat the lyrics to someone - unless the song was playing with you once again.
I enjoyed the lyrics of this song, and currently think it fits well into my life. I probably could fit a lot of individuals lives - but they way each of us may relate it to our lives could drastically differ.
The song - We are the Champions.
The lyrics -
Ive paid my dues -Time after time -Ive done my sentence But committed no crime -And bad mistakes Ive made a fewIve had my share of sand kicked in my face -But Ive come throughWe are the champions - my friends And well keep on fighting - till the end -We are the champions -We are the champions No time for losers cause we are the champions - of the world -Ive taken my bows And my curtain calls -You brought me fame and fortuen and everything that goes with it -I thank you all -But its been no bed of roses No pleasure cruise -I consider it a challenge before the whole human race -And I aint gonna lose -We are the champions - my friends And well keep on fighting - till the end -We are the champions -We are the champions No time for losers cause we are the champions - of the world -

2 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Wouldn't Superman's song be the Superman Song?

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

Jen...you're a nut. And these tiny little comments, are just... well they're just not good enough. It's not like you have more important things to be doing... like securing your masters degree... geesh!

Paula -- I agree that song is pretty incredible when you pay attention to the lyrics, it's compelling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home