Why the world needs superman

Thursday, August 24, 2006

August is not the month for dads

So I just found out that either this morning or yesterday a friend whom I knew from Western and part of the Off Campus Don team - her father has passed away. It was his wish not to have a funeral though. I am not sure if there will be a celebration of life though.
My mom and I just searched the house and couldn't find a sympathy card that wasn't written in!!! I'll have to buy one tomorrow - which is going to look odd when I buy it from the lady at the store because she'll wonder why of all people I'm buying the card. I hate cards. But I do like getting mail. I guess you can't have it both ways all the time.
Well I wish my friend Becky the strength to overcome this - I have yet to find mine - but I hope that her family and friends can come together and support her during this difficult time.
Everyone tell your parents you love them! You just don't know when they'll no longer be here.

2 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love getting mail, even the simpliest of things makes me feel good. I mean regular mail is much better than any email message that I could ever get.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Paula said...

If I get mail, that is not a bill, I always like to say "somebody loves me!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home