Why the world needs superman

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

and it continues...

I've already typed a post today but for some reason the actual posting of it did not work - so I'm going to try and recall what I already wrote and write it again!
I received news from my aunt today that seems to be along the theme of 2006! My dad's Uncle Ludwig passed away. I never had the opportunity to meet him as he lives in Germany, but I have heard many stories about him throughout my life. Uncle Ludwig is not only my dad's uncle but also his godfather, and my dad is his namesake~ we aren't able to go to the funeral either, but hopefully it is a nice tribute.
I really hope that I get to go to Holland, Germany, and thus Europe one day - in the not-so-distant future. I have only been on two trips in my life, Antigua and Mexico. I really enjoyed the beauty of Antigua. We were so lucky to be there for ten days and experience both the tourist things, but the island things as well since we knew people living there. It was definitely an experience I'll never forget. Cancun was also very nice, but not as beautiful as Antigua. We got to do all tourist things there, and I stayed in my first Resort which was incredible! My favourite day in Mexico was when we went to Xel-ha and the Tulum Ruins. If I were to go on another trip in the near future (assuming money available) it would probably eb to another beach/island location. I enjoy these types of places, but at the same time I would like to go to Europe - but thats more costly. One day though...one day.

4 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Paula said...

and aparently the first post finally decided to make an appearance.. how very odd...

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

lol.... you're so cute. I think once we all have our careers we'll be heading to more than just beach nations. At least I plan on touring europe with my girls.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Well my girls go everywhere with me - they are sort of attached.... hahahaha I'm so funny, oh wait no I'm not. I would absolutely love to go on a trip with you guys! I know that when I got o Europe it is going to haev to be with people who want to go out and see things, because I love the looking at all the different things, the landmarks and such - like when we went to Ottawa and walked around - that fit with me so well. BUT - I also have a lot of relatives in Europe that I would also like to try and stop in and see - which possible could mean free food and possibly a place to stay!! hahaha

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Sounds good to me -- all the girls can come - attached and not!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home