Why the world needs superman

Monday, July 24, 2006

Superman can't save everyone

Sharon, before you say it - I'll start with it - I just quite possibly know too many people - or are related to way too many as well!
This weekend was the family reunion - which had its ups and downs - but that wasn't the most difficult task of the last few days.
Nothing like going to a cottage. Especially if this is something you do every summer - and you get to enjoy it with friends! Nothing like passing some time with one of your best buddies in a boat out in the water. Some of the best moments in life - bonding moments - peaceful moments - moments of life. Sounds nice...well right up until the part where the water randomly gets rough - so much so it capsizes the boat. The two friends are thrown into the water. Onlookers are able to save one, but sadly the second cannot swim and drowns. This is a true story - it happened on Saturday - the person who drowned... his name was Joe. He was a part of my mom's side of the family (not blood related). We just had dinner with him last week - introduced him to my dad's cousin and her husband who came to Canada to visit (and for the reunion).
Really worried about my mom - the weekend was challenging enough on her - and this is something that obviously does not sit well.
Thats my update as I'm sure I'll get yelled at soon for not updating all the time - but I'd also like to point out - to the individual who is usually on my case to post - you might want to do some posting yourself missy!!!
Love you guys!
Live Life - Have Fun

6 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Thats awful - I'm so sorry to hear that it happened :( My condolences to you and your family - its so sad that a fun event turned into a tragedy.

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

Have you thought of writing a novel? You've got lots of life events and stories to recount that would make for a fascinating read, and I think worth sharing. I hope your mom takes comfort in knowing she has a daughter who cares for her very much, and a couple of 'extended' family daughters who do also. And just for you my dear... I've updated.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Write a novel eh? I wouldn't know where to begin!!!!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

You realize my dear, that your blog is my life line to getting updates and staying at least loosely in the loop. Please post again... even a little blurb.

Thanks!!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Yes, I understand that my blog has become your lifeline for knowing what is going on in my life (telephones and emails are so yesterday!) ... but when at my parents house the internet is not easily assessible! So you need to bare with me - and when at my grandmothers - even more time is needed as she does not have internet!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

alright... well I suppose I'll forgive ya... but I want you to know that since I haven't figured out Jen's instructions on getting automatic updates, checking your blog is part of my daily routine. I check work email, check home email, check Superman blog, check translucent blog, check for comments on my blog - write Raf. That's what I do. I like knowing your thoughts, and travels. It makes me feel like we're still close.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home