Why the world needs superman

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I wonder if Superman likes Country music?

I'm writing this entry because Sharon told me too. lol

This weekend was a country music weekend - one that I attended although sick.

Thursday night - Keith Urban
Aine came up to my parents place and we took my sister to see Keith Urban. It was my birthday/christmas present to her - which I'm sure I'll have to remind her about when her birthday in November actually comes about. There were a few opening bands - one who has a name amongst country music fans - and I recognized some of his songs but I don't recall his name.... Adam something... Anyhoo - the concert was good - except for the three drunk girls who thought they were way too cool for school and with whom Aine and I almost got in a fight with because they were being harmful physically towards my sister... thankfully the crowd around us also did not appreciate these sorry excuse for females, and helped give them the boot.

Friday night - Everclear and Collective Soul
Not so much country - not so much of a good concert either. Flatline, one of the three opening bands for the double headliners was my favourite of the night - they are also Canadian coming from St. Catherines I believe. They were entertaining to watch, full of engery and good music. Everclear on the otherhand was brutal. The lead singer couldn't sing (although on the radio his voice sounds fine~), they had technical difficulties, and well they just sucked. They tried to create new versions of some of their past hits - and it didn't work for them - they should use the motto - if it ain't broke don't try to fix it!. Aine and I did get hit on by these two guys, Brock and Eric I believe, who were there promoting the company they work for ... www.extrememusicseries.ca - but they probably hit on all the girls. That night it rained - and we were soaked to the bone. Near the end of Everclear a bunch of drunk people came to our section and were play fighting right behind us - we weren't in the mood - we were wet and had to go to the bathroom. While standing in front of the outhouses we decided we didn't need to see Collective Soul that badly and since I was already sick we headed home. Good thing too because moments after that decision thunder and lightning came - and so did a power outage!!! Collective Soul's performance was delayed - never did hear if they were any good... - we went back to my parents house and attempted to watch a vhs of pretty women - but couldn't figure out how to work the vcr - our education has taught us well! So we watched Drop Dead Fred on tv - a movie I had not yet seen, but was one of Aine's favourite - Aine now refers to me as snotface, and I call her megabeast aka megabitch... fun times.

Saturday Night - Gretchen Wilson
Opening bands were not that exciting. Gretchen kept us waiting for WAY TOO long... but in the end she put on an ok performance. The boys from the night before were back - we talked to them again and told them what bar we were going to go to after the concert. We met two other guys that night Tim and Ronnie. Tim was drunk and annoying. Ronnie had nice "G.I.Joe lines" but an unfortunate name. They were with us most of the night but we eventually lost them. We went to the bar afterwards and although at first we felt older then everyone there - we meet up with the boys - and danced the rest of the night away... it was fun.

Sunday - Aaron Pritchet and Brooks & Dunn
I was excited to sing along to "Hold my beer....while I kiss your girlfriend" ... ok - the words weren't really what I wanted to sing - but I think its a very clever song. I thought Aaron did a great job. Brooks & Dunn were also very entertaining. They were my favourite of the weekend (Keith Urban was Aines).... They were really entertaining.. lots of cowbell!!! Just full of energy and great songs... but the heat was brutal during the day - almost too much -- but we survived.

I was suppose to work Monday but I my cough/cold/whatever just kept getting worse (standing in the rain on fridya probably didn't help) and I wasn't getting any sleep - so I called in sick - but made it to Windsor in time for class.

Today I went to school - and thats about it...

Oh... Lady from work trying to hook me up with her son random update
He emailed. So didn't think that was going to happen. Wasn't sure what to do when I saw that he had! But I was nice and I was good and I replied to his email --- haven't heard anything yet since then - I'll keep you posted.

And thats my blog for now I suppose.... Wonder who Superman's favourite country singer/group would be? hmmmm...

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

ok well thanks - I appreciate that you've updated this - and SO JEALOUS about all the awesome concerts you've seen. I've got tickets to see Dixie Chicks in August. Any updates on mystery random man from the bank? Gotta keeps me da loop gurlll.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home