Why the world needs superman

Monday, July 10, 2006

Pickles are not this crazy chicks Superman!

There is a lady at work - she is a client. I had dealt with her for close to three years now. On occassion she discusses her son with me - and usually states her interest in trying to introduce the two of us. I typically think nothing of it - because some of the older women say things all the time. Well today was different. Today - she asked for my contact information to pass along to her son. There was no way that I could nicely get out of it either - I was stuck....I was thinking to myself - what is worse - the fact that this guys mother is trying to set him up (I prefer to think he is unaware of what his mother is doing)...or the fact that I actually write down on the piece of paper she has put in front of me a way for him, a guy I do now know, to contact me.... seriously - which is worse? Having to write something down - knowing that I am also going to see her at work again multiple times - I wrote down an email address. When she asked why I did not write my phone number - I stated it was because it is easier to contact me through email - which is true. I do know some things about him - that she has shared with me - and well.... I guess it doesn't hurt to have another friend right?....right?....eeeee.... I'd share the knowledge I know of him - but maybe I'll save that for you guys in person or on the phone rather than typing things online here - in case it is taken in the wrong context.

Onto something else - Blake just sent me an interesting link to a Maury episode - its just a piece of it - but one you should check out --- one of my only nicknames is 'Pickles' - given to me by Rosy....so I find this interesting.... and so very odd...check it out!
http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=FD99F389-E8EB-40F4-A9A1-329B8653EA2C&t=m137&f=06/64&p=hotvideo_viralvideos&GT1=8307

Enjoy!

6 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Yikes - I don't know whether that situation would be more awkward for you or the son. For you, because she's a client, and well, it's kinda wierd even being set up by friends, let alone people with whom you have nothing more than a business relationship. And him, because he has a mom who tries to set him up with complete randoms. lol. You'll definitely have to let me know of any updates!

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

pickles.... tee hee hee :)

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

ok seriously Paula - need to help out with the re-canadiafication of Sharon while off native soil -- gimme a CANADA superman post!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

and by the way that hedberg clip is HILARIOUS -- especially given that I'm in a hotel at the moment - thankfully the 12th floor.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Way to reply to the wrong blog there sharon ;)

But seriously paula: updates! I want to know more about paula/superman!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

ha ha ha ha ha... yeah I'm a total loser - it's because I've lost my bearings altogether - wrong country, wrong blog -- whatever... ok to respond to the pickle phobia - what a freak!!! seriously... what potential harm coculd a pickly present, other than puckered lips? Okay, I admit, I've been drinking - but who wouldn't?? I'm stuck in los estados unidos.... ICK.... but well... I need another drink... talk to y'all later. And seriously Paula -- NEW POST... I don't even care if it's about canada or pickles or superman - but all three would be pretty awesome. Love ya!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home