Why the world needs superman

Sunday, August 06, 2006

So I did meet people in the area yesterday - and I had a nice time. (thats the update there)
I got an email today from my professor - and it stated that our grades were now posted. Now I have been lacking some motivation lately - and although I didn't want to see a bad mark beside my name I figured a mark slightly less than what I would hope could possibly kick my butt into panic mode - and after calming down I'd be able to focus and work.
So - I opened the file and looked for my student number - but I couldn't find it --- but what would have helped is if I wasn't looking for my Western student ID number when the course took place at Windsor. Clearly I'm not that bright! I was so nervous though to see this mark - I just was hoping for an A (86%-93%) or an A- (80%-86%) or something like that of a breakdown - because then it would give me a fighting chance to do ok on my exam and still fall in the A or A- category and thus possibly be eligible for a fall tuition scholarship. My heart was beating so fast when I actually found my number - but I had to go and grab my student card to make sure I had made a positive id. Well I had. And to my complete and utter surprise I saw that out of a possible 66.67 marks (exam being worth 33.33) I had a total of 66.10 It also happen to be the highest mark in the class. I was complete beside myself. I have worked hard in this class but I'm not completely convinced that I deserve that high of a mark at this point in time. For example I got something around 98% on my lecture I gave - but in my mind I screwed it up! But apparently I did not.
So yeah me! As long as I pass the exam (which you have to do to even pass the course) I should be able to pull off that A... which means I can apply for a scholarship! So hopefully that works out well.
I'm not telling you this because I want you to write in the comments section - way to go, we always knew you were smart --- I don't want any of that at all - I'm just telling you because I was excited - and certain people (cough - Sharon - cough) state they want to know whats going on in my life --- well thats my news so far today.
I'm about to go grocery shopping with my mom - because my cousin Anne is going to be coming to my place in Windsor for a few days as she'll be in town teaching a drama and singing seminar at the university. So I hope this goes well - she's very nice, and talented! but she grew up in Florida and is several years older than I am - so I did not interact with her much growing up - but I'm looking forward to it!

2 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Woohoo kickass! hopefully that gave you motivation to keep on going. Sorry I've been a bit mia lately - I'm not ignoring you and am cheering you on, just a bit shotrt on time due to my harried thesis schedule!

Jen (posting under Mark's name because I don't want to sign him out)

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah. Windsor, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home