Why the world needs superman

Sunday, August 27, 2006

The "lost" relatives have been found!

I have an aunt and uncle who live in BC during the summer months and California during the winter months (must be nice eh?).
The first time my dad died (he was revived) was 21 years ago. My mom did not know what to do as she had my almost 8 year old sister, my 6 year old brother and 3 year old me. She showed up on my aunt and uncles door step in absolute tears (I don't recall any of this, so its hearsay to me). My siblings and I were to stay with them while my mom went back to the hospital. Well I guess my brother was just angry as HE double hockey sticks and was pounding the crap out of my mother for letting my dad die.... he always was considered the smart one in the family!
Anyhoo - my dad got better and we had 21 more years with him! Its better to lose a father at teh age of 24 then at the age of 3 I'm sure.
But my aunt and uncle whose house we were at that night/day... are the aunt and uncle we have not been able to get a hold of. People have been trying to contact them but to no avail. (Oh... they use to live in Whitby until maybe three years before we moved out???) Well we finally got a hold of them today. Apparently their was a flood in their California house - so they've been there (we tried that phone number too though...) but to no avail. Obviously they were not the happiest to hear such news - but we are glad to know that they are ok, that they now know - and that slow they too can overcome the grief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home