Why the world needs superman

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

More Fallen Canadian Soldiers

We went to church today - there was a mass for my dad, and the 25 year old girl in the area who was killed when hit by a transport truck, although I did not know her, my family is good friends with the family of her boyfriend.
At church we learned some very tragic news. Earlier today 4-5 more canadian soldiers have been killed. We know this because one of the soldiers was a 21 year old who lives in the Port Lambton area. Thats the thing too about living in a small populated area - everyone knows everyone, and news travels - the government hasn't even released the information to the nation yet - and here we are already grieving and praying over them at church. I feel horrible for his family - can we say that he died in honour? That he died fighting for OUR country? I don't understand politics, and I especially do not understand the war with Afganistan....but it does still effect the lives of those that live amongst us...scary.
I hope that the soldiers are safe, and return home all in one piece - and for those that do not make it - I hope they shall ever rest in peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home