Why the world needs superman

Monday, September 04, 2006

Don't sugar coat things

So I've learned lately that people are trying to sugar coat things for me and my family... well thats just silly. I know the intent is to be helpful - but in the end it isn't.
For example, we found out this morning in a round about way that last week my cousin fell off a ladder while 9 feet off the ground. He landed on his feet. He has to spend 3-4 days in hospital, but thankfully he only cracked a vertebra. I say thankfully - because his injuries couldhave been a lot worse. Yes he is injured, yes he is in pain, but if it had to happen - at least it did not happen with worse outcomes. However, it was decided to keep this information from people. I understand not telling the relatives that went to Holland for the funeral. The ones that returned on Saturday have now been informed, but my Aunt (cousin's mom) is still in Holland and will not be told until she returns, thats understandable.....but why avoid telling me and/or my mom - we're going to find out eventually - so if you want to tell us, tell us - if you don't no big deal - we won't be offended... but later on in conversation don't tell us you've been debating whether or not to call and just didn't want to put another problem on the plate - we'd rather know and deal with it - then be kept in the dark and find out down the line.

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I wasn't sure if I should tell you or not... but I got kicked out of school due to a massive coke habit.

Don't worry Paula, I know that you know that even though its misguided, they're tyring to be good to you. Things will normalize eventually. Stick with it like i know you can.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home