Why the world needs superman

Friday, September 22, 2006

I'm updating because I got yelled at! :(

I didn't have a good week.
It was my first full week back to school - and hectic and stressful are understating adjectives to describe the week that was bestowed upon me.
I had to teach 3 hours on Tuesday - first year anatomy... I was very nervous. The stuff I needed to cover, I myself didn't really understand so I was praying no one would ask me questions. They did - but thankfully I could think on my feet and got through it. All in all I survived -
Thursday I had a grad class presentation. I was sick to my stomach over this feat. I did not udnerstand what I was to be presenting. I worked my butt off to prepare and truly understand what I was doing. It did not go as I was expecting. I expected it to go as I practiced... but I was so off the mark it wasn't funny. Thankfully I was still able to think on my feet (didn't use it all up on Tuesday) and got myself through it. Some other students said it went ok - but I was still frustrated with what happened.
Today I had a speakers series at school. The guest speaker was ok - but not in my realm of research so I really didn't have the mind set to listen as intently as I could have. Worse yet, the guy I would be interested in my program pretty much ignored me. And I looked nice today! My hair was nice, my makeup was nice, and I wore a shirt that accented the right things. I got nothing . I haven't spoke of him yet because I didn't want to jinx anything - but I guess there wasn't anything to actually jinx .
BUT - I did get to talk to my really good looking and nice roommate who lives upstairs and he happened to not be wearing a shirt ;D. But we talked about how he was excited that his girlfriend was going to arrive shortly to spend the weekend... ahh nuts. I met his girlfriend this summer though - she's really nice... so good for them... but boo for me. Speaking of being excited for other people but sad for yourself - my lab sister (in my lab there are two boys and two girls... we are family)... she got a surprise engagement this week! YEAH KAT.... but I'm jealous... I wish I had that too.. oh well one day.. YEAH KAT!

2 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Thinking on your feet is the best skill ever. It doesn't really matter how much you prepare - that only helps a bit. You'll always have stuff thrown at you, and speaking intelligently about something you *aren't* prepared for it what's going to make people notice you. Good job! Don't worry about the other stuff - everything is difficult at first but gets better.

Also, maybe hot boy is gay? Thus wearing a shirt accentuating certain things might not be as attention-grabbing as you'd hope.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Yeah - I'm pretty sure he's not gay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home