Why the world needs superman

Friday, September 29, 2006

Is Superman considered a soldier of sorts?

Yet another Canadian soldier has lost his life in Afganastan. That makes 10 this month and 37 for the year.
Today my roommates and I discussed whether or not we could marry a soldier.
I do not think I would be able to do this. I do not have the strength for it.
However, I could marry a firefighter - yes he still puts his life in danger, he still fights a tough battle, and he saves people's lives - but he comes home a lot more frequently.
I get that its more likely to die in a car crash then as a Canadian Soldier - but never knowing where they are going to be stationed next, not knowing how long they will be away this time, and not knowing when or even if I'm going to see him next - I wasn't built with that type of courage and strength.
The women who are married to soldiers - well God bless them! And may they possess an extraordinary level of strength!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home