Why the world needs superman

Sunday, September 24, 2006

At the track

I went to the track last night with my mom, my sister, and my brother's girlfriend's mother.
I have always enjoyed going to the track - I'm not much of a gambler - but its just a fun atmosphere to be in every once in a while.
We bet on a horse (my sister and I) named "goodtoseeyadad" ... he placed... and we bet he'd win.
But in the 7th race there was a horse who went by "Mark" something... so I put him to place. My sister bet on "Little Brother" to win. We were both right! We took home a larger sum of $4 and $4.50 respectively. Hey - I said we weren't really gamblers.
Had a very nice waiter... he went to Laurier and played in the Vanier Cup last year so he was sporting a very nice ring on his right hand - which of course I pointed out and had a football discussion with him. He scowled at me for being a Mustang, and then chuckled at me being a Lancer... I rule! He's applying to go to teacher's college next year.... so I wish him luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home