Why the world needs superman

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Cure a funk with some funk?

I haven't been feeling the best the last few days - kinda just want to crawl under a rock - a dark cave, or possibly my bed and just stay there for a few days. Today my alarm went off at ten to eight - I rolled out of bed at ten thirty! whoops. I didn't have class today though because my prof is in Banff presenting the paper that I wrote. I have lots to do - I need to start getting organized for my final, prepare my thesis proposal, and start working on the manuscript that is suppose to be done for christmas. I did put my notes back in order for my class - so that was productive. I did go to school - but I only stayed long enough to pick up my usb that I left there by mistake yesterday. And then - I was off to the mall...by myself. I have never been big on the shopping - but I wasn't going for myself. My grandmother has asked me to buy my sister some things for her birthday - she's getting a portable c.d. player and three country c.d.s .... I also picked up some things for my friends, so that was good!
When I was picking out c.d.s for my sister I came across the new Nelly Furtado c.d. (I know why is a nelly furtado c.d. mixed in with the country ones???)... and I decided that since I enjoy maneater and promiscuous songs that I would purchase the c.d. - in the past I have boycotted her because she came out with a bunch of stuff when my grandfather died and I couldn't listen to her without being sad - that and I found her music a bit annoying... but I enjoy this new "flava" of hers - makes me want to dance - or at least lay in bed and dream about me dancing on a stage with say Travis from "So You Think You Can Dance" - but instead we call our show "Yah - We Know We Can Dance YO!" --- but probably something more clever than that! So I have the c.d. playing right now - and so far its ok - not too bad.
I was considering going to Guelph tomorrow night for a Halloween party that Aine's frat is hosting - but I just don't think its a good point in time for me to be in a car by myself for an extended period of time so I think I'm going to withdraw - even though I imagine it will be a lot of fun.... I have a mass tomorrow morning for my dad that I'm going to attend - so that should be good...

2 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I saw Nelly F. and her baby last year - they were in the same restaurant as me, and the baby toddled up to our table!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Thats SO COOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home