Why the world needs superman

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

alone in a crowded room....

I really really want to write a happy blog.
I want to write about wonderful things and how just high on life I am.
I feel that any time I write about anything else its just depressing and well doesn't leave other people to even care.
I really thought that moving to London would provide me with an opportunity to be closer to some friends that weren't in the Windsor area.  I would no longer be living so far away - or in a city that other people didn't want to visit because they didn't understand the beauty of the area - thus even if I had to do all the traveling that I would at least be that much closer.  I've barely even seen Sharon and she pretty much lives up the road.  I think that in Windsor it was just easier to make the "distance" and valid excuse as the lack of interactions with people.  Sadly - even moving to London makes me realize that people are still busy.  Jen is off attempting to conquer med school.  Aine & Lesley are working.  Sharon has a brand new baby and a family - let alone school.  Maggie is still in school going after her Ph.D.  Janice - she of course had to move BACK to the Windsor area as I was leaving.  Daniela seems to always be at work - or sleeping because he next shift is a 48 hour or something.  Everyone is doing such great things - and I'm so proud of everyone - and they are all going along so beautifully.  This is not to say that I do not find myself keeping busy - I do have my list of things to get done - but thats what time management is about... getting work done in a good fashion so that you can socialize with people in other moments.

On another note - my brother gets married this weekend.  I didn't go out and buy a new dress - I'm just going to try and pull something out of my closet and hope that does the job.  I will either wear this same dress or the runner-up to my convocation next week and another wedding on the same day.

Other momentous occasions lately - well... my birthday.  I went to a comedy show, Gerry Dee.. he was so funny (you may have seen him on last comic standing)... the person I went with though had no idea that it was my birthday!  I let him know on the way to the show though.... then I played ultimate frisbee - and we won! woohoo  (I may have blogged about my bday already - so if you've already read it - you got to hear it again!).  Otherwise - its a Wednesday - people are busy so I didn't attempt to gather my friends together - and on the weekend I just assumed everyone would get together with their families for some turkey.

My mom had to work all weekend.... It seems that my mom always has to work on long weekends.  I didn't really feel like sitting in my apartment all weekend though - so I still went to my mom's anyway - which was probably a good thing because my sister otherwise would have been home alone and my mom feels so guilty when she is.  When chatting with a friend from Durham Region he told me that he wasn't doing anything for Thanksgiving (or his birthday which is three days after mine) so he came up and we hung out on Saturday.  He's a musician and works in a guitar store - so I probably shouldn't have been surprised - but still wasn't overly impressed as I'm sure he spent money... but he got me a new guitar!  I've been playing my brothers (which does need some fix-up work) so now I have my own!  Its blue.  Its pretty - very much a "girl"guitar... or at least I say so.

Anyway - I just wanted to say hello.  I have an exam tomorrow so I probably should study some.  Hope everyone is well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home