Why the world needs superman

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

the sun will come up tomorrow!!

Well I survived another one.
a birthday
a celebration of the day I came into the world... naked.
Well I made the claim today at frisbee that I actually came into the world wearing a full piece bathing suit - to which one of the guys on my team replied "oh yah - I came out in a full tux, top hat included".... lets all take a moment and bow down to the most impressive birth wear ever.
I usually hate my birthday.
growing up I'd get excited because - well thats what most kids did/do when it comes to their birthday.
the unfortunate part was that my birthday usually sucked and I'd be upset.
I also hated getting older - depressed beyond belief even at the young age of ten!
I haven't really changed - I still don't want my birthday to come - I don't want to get older - and I get depressed/upset when this time of year comes around.
I try to ignore my birthday and not tell anyone of it so that when nothing happens I can at least use the excuse - well no one knew any better.... that always feels better than someone forgetting or just not caring.
This year I received several facebook messages, a couple of phone calls, a few emails.  All much appreciated.  Especially when Jen informed me that I can't be upset about getting older because in all reality I only turned 3 years old today - ok 3 cubed.  I like that.
I actually went to a comedy show, Gerry Dee, he was on last comic standing.  It was a fantastic show!  I had a great time - and the person who took me didn't even know it was my birthday!!
Then I rushed to my ultimate frisbee game!  We finally won!  We won 8-2!  Yah us!
Earlier in the day my mom, nana, and sister came down - we went for lunch.  Then to Walmart.  My birthday gift was a book shelf to go with the lamp I received in advance of my birthday.  I know = its ok - breathe - a book shelf AND a lamp - for the same birthday!  WOW FREAKING NELLIE!!!  Almost as exciting as Disney Land!  or World - I don't ever remember which one is which!
But they were things I needed in my new apartment- so I'm content.

For an average day - it was pretty good.  I didn't get enough school work done - oh well.  there is always tomorrow right??

The point is - I survived yet another birthday (its now past midnight so I guess it is no longer my birthday).  I actually watched the clock as my birthday ticked away.  I actually found it quite sad.  I was sad to see my birthday go.  I didn't want it to come - but I didn't want it to go.  I didn't do anything exciting to actually celebrate it - I didn't sing myself happy birthday - I didn't blow out a candle, I actually didn't even rip the wrapping paper of a present - but it was an ok day.... I strangely feel a little bit empty.... so its an odd feeling at the moment... but... the sun will come up tomorrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home