Why the world needs superman

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Update

I know it has been a while - but I usually get yelled at if I don't have anything really nice to say.

But a lot has happened.

I went to Vegas and I presented my first international talk. Vegas was not what I was expecting - but the Grand Canyon was FANTASTIC. The Conference blew elephant toes.

The following week I defended my thesis. I passed. It was a horrible defense - not in the sense that it was hard - but in the sense that I barely got asked any questions - definitely nothing that was challenging or let me "show off" what I had learned over the process - but rather we discussed remarks that could have and should have been made at the proposal stage and not the defense. Even my mom was pissed off. To celebrate - my mom, nana and I went and played 18 holes of mini-golf. My Nana had never been before - so since I found that out about a year ago - I've wanted to take her - so we did - it was a blast and she even remarked "I'm not sure why I never did this sooner".

That weekend we (Jen and I) also put together a baby shower/BBQ for Sharon. Ok - we didn't put it together that weekend - but thats when it took place. I reccomend to anyone who is expecting that they do away with the traditional baby shower of just girls, silly games, etc... but go for the BBQ format - boys invited too! I personally enjoyed it more than another baby shower I've been too (sorry other baby showers).

The following week I was off to Ann Arbor Michigan for another International conference - this one I helped plan - this conference actually went VERY well.. and Ann Arbor was pretty cool. Got to spend one evening at the Henry Ford Museum - I reccomend anyone checking that out for a day trip! I can't wait to go back! There was so much to see - like the car JFK was in when he was shot... or the Chair A. Lincon was sitting in when he got shot... I even got to sit in the seat on the exact bus that Rosa Parks sat when she struck up a bunch of controversy and was arrested. So many more things to see too... just such a cool place!

Among all of these things I've also been doing data collection at the hospital. If you want to know more you can ask me personally - but I give you fair warning - you may start me on a venting session because there are a lot of things I'm not happy about regarding it all....

For the most part me and the mice have been living well together.... a few times they've had to run pretty fast to get out of my way - but now the more pressing issue with the apartment that I originally thought was a cute place to live (which really wasn't starting with high expectations - mould free was all I asked for)... is not so nice.... the bathroom ceiling has begun to show water damage - so much so that now the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom is probably ruined - good thing I move out soon.

Speaking of which - Greg and I have moved most of our stuff to London - yet neither of us is livign there! hahaha....(which also means at the moment while still dwelling in Windsor I have no bed - which just brings me even closer to the level of the mice!).... I think the apartment that we have in London is really cute - and I'm excited for people to come see.

1 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

more more more!! -- more from life in the fast lane with P van W plz...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home