Why the world needs superman

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Moving....

Well.... I went and found a new place to live.
The mold conditions in the house where I currently dwell are much worse than I originally thought.  The air analyses came back today with some conditions as moderate and others as elevated... which is not good... and this is specifically my room let alone possible other areas in the house.
The new place is a bit further from school - but closer to downtown... and about a block further from the water.  Its in a building that is currently undergoing a lot of changes.  The units are being rented out as they become available/liveable.  Its a 22 unit place and currently only about 10 are being lived in.  So there is a lot of construction going on - which definitely doesn't make it look all that nice - but the inside is decent.
When you walk in the front door you are in the living room.  To the left is a brief hallway that leads to a bathroom and a bedroom that is similar in size to the room I had at the Oxford Street house in London - so not overly big - but big enough for a bed and maybe a dresser... which when you are living by yourself is all you need in there as my desk can go in the living room.  To the right of the living room is a little eating nook with a kitchen that is about as big as the hallway! hahaha - oh well.
So its not the greatest - but its one of the cheaper places I can find - but more importantly didn't make me sign a 8-12 month lease!  So I'll  make do.
I'm sad to leave my current place because since 2005 its been my home - and well I hate change - but for the sake of my health I have to go - and even if I don't like the new place - I move to London in a few months anyway... I'll survive.

3 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Jen said...

YAY! Even if the new place isn't amazing, I am so happy that you will be out of that toxic hole!!! HOORAY!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Paula said...

just an excuse for you to HAVE to come visit me again in the Windsor area too - plus we really should do a better shopping adventure - one thats not so rushed... but that might mean Sharon won't join with her USA ban... hmmmm..... might be Frigette-Frogetta bonding time! haha

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Jen said...

sounds good! We'll think of a good time and I will book a weekend off!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home