Why the world needs superman

Friday, December 21, 2007

Update


There's been a lot in the last 7 days... not even sure where to begin... so lets begin 7 days ago.

Friday Night.

Schram came to visit. That was shocking in and of itself.. hahaha. He has said many times that he was going to come but had yet to actually make it. Well he sure enough came to Windsor. It also happened to be the night of my biomechanics lab christmas gathering - so when Schram arrived I went and got him and we went to the gathering - it was good times. Tons of booze, some food... a lot of guitar hero - which I did eventually "technically technically actually speaking" play... and to my surprise I was not booed off the stage as I was able to complete the song. However, being an individual who didn't grow up playing video games - I still did not really enjoy playing this one - I may play again one day - but if I don't - I'm content with that too! All-in-all a good time was had by all I believe.

Saturday:

Bright and early at the crack of around 1pm I think Schram and I finally decided to get up and moving.... mind you the "motivation" was due to a repeat phonecall from his girlfriend asking when he was going over to meet up with her and her friends... she was just a few blocks from my place in Windsor - as they were having a xmas party there (turkey included) that night. So Schram and I parted ways. There was a slight presence of snow at this point - they were calling for a storm... I was excited to see snow - it would be a first for me this season. I was going to go out with some folks that night - but instead ended up going to school. Yes school on a Saturday night. Danielle was there studying for her exam on Monday as well as writing a 50 page paper that was due... but she was losing motivation, and since I also had work to do - I volunteered to go to school and work with her. We ordered Swiss Chalet for dinner - which was an adventure to get delivered to us as the buildings at school all have the same university address - yet my building isn't on main campus so its not even close the address it goes by - but we eventually got it all figured out. We were there until after midnight.

Sunday.

The snow came on Sunday! So I shovelled and stayed home to do work.

Monday/Tuesday

School. Tuesday I went out with Luke for dinner and a movie. We saw "I am Legend"... save your money and don't go see it. Will Smith did a fine job with what he was given - its just unfortunate he wasn't given much. There were a few moments where the plot was intriguing and you assumed it was all about to get good - then the movie changed directions and everything got left hanging. I'm personally wanting to see Sweeny Todd... can't wait until I get to go!

Wednesday.

School. Meetings. One was a lunch date with my male advisor. I am really excited because I have been asked to write another paper --- and I'm just really really excited about it! I also met with my female advisor that day - but separately.. I found that odd. Went shopping in the states with Danielle. Went to Papa Cheneys (bar) with her too and met up with some others.... I left around 1am as I had to be up at 5:30am to drive to Sarnia to work.

Thursday.

Came too early. Should have planned for more sleep. Drive was not good - there was fog the whole way! Couldn't see if a traffic light was red or green until I was under the light. But Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire came on the radio... go figure - it was a Thursday. Work was fine... somewhat entertaining actually. At home, started to unpack - realized I left some christmas presents still in Windsor...stupid stupid stupid...oh well - I'll figure it out.

Friday.

Took the car in for a check up. Looks good. Ran around doing some other things too.... but had a bit of a difficult moment at dinner. Realized/found out/noticed.... my mom took her wedding ring off her finger. Although she has every right to do that - I had to excuse myself and go to the bathroom because I just starting sobbing uncontrollably. I never thought there was a difference between the terms crying and sobbing - well there is... I was sobbing..... uncontrollably.... I'm not tearing up as I write this - although I thought I would... but it for some reason still doesn't sit well with me.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home