Why the world needs superman

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sharon I know you don't like the obits - but tough luck on this one...

"You don't notice the dead leaving when they really choose to leave you. You're not meant to. At most your feel them as a whisper or the wave of a whisper undulating down. I would compare it to a woman in the back of a lecture hall or theater whom no one notices until she slips out..."

My sister when my dad first passed said she could see him in her room.
Part of me wanted this so desparately too.
I didn't know if I believed it was possible or even true...
But I was also scared.. and still am - that the possibility may actually exist.

I don't know what I believe at the moment about what happens after you die.
I've been brought up to believe that there is a heaven - and I like to think that there is - but I don't really know what that means.

I do at times talk (usually in my head and not outloud) to people I've known in my life who have passed.... but I don't know if they can actually hear. I don't know if they actually watch over us, their loved ones, still on earth.

But I do hope - that if the dead can be around you - I hope that my dad hasn't left me yet - because I'm not ready....I'm not ready to say goodbye because I still need my dad.

So I hope he's still around... as much around as a dead person can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home