Why the world needs superman

Friday, March 28, 2008

A good night - a not so good morning

I had a wonderful Wednesday evening.
I had been invited to attend the Human Kinetics Scholars Evening - as I was receiving the Canadian Federation of University Women Scholarship.  I was seated a table with a fellow graduate student from my lab who was also being recognized, and our advisor we have in common.  We had chosen a table that wasn't in the front but a location where we could see the slide show presentation and podium for the speakers.  A few people had come to join our tables - but then were instructed to sit elsewhere - so for the longest time we thought it would just be the three of us - which didn't bother us at all.  Then two administration people from the registrars office joined us - so that was nice.... then other man came over and said "since there are 3 academics and 2 admin, I'm going to sit with you and even it all out to 3:3".  As people had sat Leah (other grad student) and I introduced ourselves because we didn't know who they were.  Well didn't the last one who join us turn out to be the President of the University!  He was such an incredible individual who entertained us with stories and asked us questions and truly wanted to know information about the education Leah and I had been attaining.  He and I even discussed me one day taking over as the President of Western!  Although he did say that form those he has spoken with - no one has ever preplanned to be the President of a university before... hahaha - there is always room for a first!
Anyway - it was a delightful event and I'm really glad how the table seatings turned out!
Today (Friday) has not been such a great morning.  The basement, or course, flooded again - I had to wade around in the water in the basement passing things to my other roommate so we could move things upstairs to prevent ruin/damage.  So now everything but my bed and a dresser are out of my room - which is good I suppose since I was going to have to move it real soon anyway.
The city was just here though and used a 4" eel cutter to clean the roots out from the pipes and the draining of the water has begun (phew).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home