Why the world needs superman

Friday, September 12, 2008

rollercoaster

You know - I really didn't know what to expect upon moving back to London.
I knew that it would be very different.
I knew that the London I once knew and loved wouldn't be the London I was moving back too.
However, its been ok.
I've met some people through orientation - however, I'm taking classes outside of my faculty so that presents its own challenges.
Some of the classes apparently had readings for the first class that the prof never informed me of - so I'm already behind.  Plus I have stuff still from Windsor that I NEED to finish - and scholarship applications are coming due FAST.
So I'm overwhelmed and stressed out.
I'm not sleeping well either - I've had some really messed up dreams.
I got to go visit baby Wyatt and mom Sharon - I enjoyed that - and Sharon was even able to get in a quick nap while I was there!  He's really cute and a great addition to the family - I look forward to getting to know him.
I haven't seen Sharon much since moving back to London - but she did just have a baby - but hopefully we can start seeing each other more on a regular basis!
I was hoping that maybe this weekend I'd get to go visiting some people - I haven't seen Jen and Marks new place - and I haven't seen Aine and Lesley in a while - however - I'm so overwhelmed/swamped with work that it just isn't going to happen.  I'm going to try and work my butt off this weekend - I did agree to go to Tommy's place tonight where all the grad students are getting together - but I'm hoping to not go until 10pm and not stay late at all.  Otherwise just work my butt off.
Not surprisingly though - I should also try and finish unpacking too at some point!

The things that I have altered in my life upon moving to London.
I got text messaging on my phone.  I had maybe like 30 on my phone before - now I have unlimited - which is sort of nice - because if I'm waiting for the bus I can think of someone who might be able to respond and strike up a conversation.  Also helped when having to tell people my new number - I could just text it out!
more surprisingly though is the fact that this week I've been to the gym THREE times - Monday, Wednesday and Friday - and I think me and one or two of the girls in my program are going to try and make this a habit - so I'm happy about that - maybe I can get into shape for Jen's wedding!!!  Obviously not as good as her - but still.  Speaking of which - Sharon, five days post birth - LOOKED FANTASTIC - you'd barely even know she had been pregnant not even a week ago!

Nothing really exciting to report otherwise - going to have a REALLY busy semester - so I'm going to hold on tight and really try to get through it successfully - a lot is riding on the fact that I excel!

anyway - I should try and get some work done!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home