Why the world needs superman

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I need superman.... he needs to make things better

So a lot has happened in the last few days.

I went to London on Sunday to attend the meeting of the Trifecta. This was much needed as the doctor, the lawyer, and the professor got together for pretty much no good. We entertained the waitress in Port Stanely.... it was a shame that Col. Sanders wasn't actually available to join us. I understand that this doesn't make much sense to those who were not there - but go with it. We went out that night - and met up with a bunch of other people at the bar downtown - which was good.

When I drove to London I listened to Jeff Foxworthy on the radio. Then on the way back to my mom's - I listened to the exact same show... THEN when I drove to Windsor - it was on again! Different stations too! He had a segment where people could call in and say their own "you know you're a redneck when..." so I thought i'd share some of my own...

You know you are a redneck when all the people in the county you live in fit on three pages in a phone book and they're aint no one you aren't related too

You know you are a redneck when your neighbour's pickup truck is not only his vehicle to get around but it is also the kids school bus, the county firetruck and santa's sleigh in the christmas parade!

I had another one about where my mama lives but I dont recall what it is at the moment.

The last 24 hours though have been not fun.

Chutney has been driving me up the wall..... but that is a whole other story not to be published on a website that she might stumble across.....
Due to the rain the basement flooded - which of course where my room is
The main floor flooded due to the dishwasher exploding -
I got to clean both up by myself - no one bothered to offer me help....(and there were other people in the house)
I found out that I might not actually get a tuition scholarship this semester.... due to no fault of my own but a screw up in administration and there might be nothing I can do about it - and this is horrible because I don't have the money to pay for my tuition --- I can't really take a semester off because well I'm finally about to propose - because FINALLY everyone will be in Windsor at the same time and not on vacation or away for conferences....so I've just been really sick to my stomach the last little bit - which you would think would help one lose weight - but instead I've gained and I'm pretty pissed about that too!

On a brighter note - 1) YEAH RAFA IS COMING TO CANADA 2) JEN CALLED ME FROM AFRICA and 3) I didn't talk about th obits - although there were additions I could have made!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home