Why the world needs superman

Sunday, July 15, 2007

WWCKD? What Would Clark Kent Do?

I have a hard time picturing my future.... but than again I have a hard time believing that I have lived all the things I've experienced in life already.
With the civic holidya slowly approaching I've been thinking a lot about what I have accomplished in the last year - I don't recall much of anything - I hope didn't waste it.
Which brings me back to my future.
Do I do a PhD - do I find a job and start a career - do I stay with the bank adn work my way up?
I don't know.
I'd like to try and do the PhD - to see if I can do it - and not always wonder if I could.
I'd like to see if I have what it takes to be a professor - who knows maybe I'll suck.
But if I pursue a PhD will I regret it because I won't find Mr. Right - or I'll stay in Windsor to finish my degree and possibly become really lonely with my friends living primarily between London and Toronto areas?
Do I do what my mom wants me to do (which I believe is highly influenced by my brother) and thus not do a PhD and stay in the bank for the rest of my life - possibly underchallenged and depressed?
The part that sucks is that my life isnt' a movie - if I make a wrong decision I can't rewind and choose a different option... my life isn't a game - its my life and I need to figure out how to live it.
I got back the second revisions of my review of literature for my thesis - and once again I received minimal revisions - which just shocks me because as I've been told many times over I'm not a strong writer - thus how on a thesis document am I getting "Well done" and little corrections - that doesn't make sense to me. My changes take less than ten minutes whereas my labmates have taken 2-3 weeks!
Additionally my advisors keep me guessing about whether or not there is even a PhD possibility - one moment they talk as if I'm doing one - and then the next they talk like such a possibility is not even probable. Its frustrating - but I've learned with such a topic to roll with the punches at the moment.
All-in-all I'm ok for the moment. I miss my friends...I miss Jen, Sharon, Aine, Lesley, Janice, Jos.....
I was lucky enough to have a random visit by Daniela this weekend as she came to celebrate a fellow med students birthday - and the prior weekend I went to a wedding with Becky which was entertaining in its own rights. I've bought a bunch of books - and I continue to seek out ways to make others happy - thats the one thing I know that brings me happiness - the ability to make another smile or feel good about themselves... otherwise my search for happiness continues.

Side Note - a Windsor Fashion Spotting!
Walking to downtown on Thursay night for a dinner meeting - I walked beside a Fur store - I thought it was funny because most of the stores along the way have been closed or abandoned - yet the Fur store was open... I looked across the street and low and behold was another Fur store - so two OPEN Fur stores across the street from each other in a failing to thrive community. MORE humorous was the fact that alongside these TWO Fur shops were TWO schwarma places! hahaha - I found that way too funny.... ALSO - on Saturday night while a few blocks up from the next before - there was another Fur establishment, even larger than the previous too.... it just doesn't make sense to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home