Why the world needs superman

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Superman can doubledutch

Sometimes I wonder if I should rename my blog to the obits section! hahaha - well I guess that isn't actually funny.... needless to say at this point - another family member has passed - I didn't know her - she was my mom's "step" cousin. My grandpa's niece.

On a completely different note - my mom and sister are back from B.C. I had asked that if they were going to get me something that they might try to bring me back something Dutch - they were going to sucha cultural locale in Washington State. They brought me back a watch - makes sense - I've always enjoyed watches! Except - I didn't quite understand the purchase as it was not noticeably dutch - infact its not dutch at all - but oh well its a nice watch. I was then looking at it more closely and noticed it was engraved - so I thought - cool maybe it was Holland - it doesn't. I couldn't make out where it started or finished so I thought maybe it said something in Dutch - which would also be very cool. Nope - not in dutch - its not a saying either - its a name. The name - Louis Vuitton.
Thats right - the mother who didn't let where Nike shoes growing up because BiWay was as name brand as I was going to get - bought me a LV watch and didn't even know it - she didn't pay the crazy prices like the watches are worth - but its still very cool that I have one! So it may not be Dutch - but it works for me! woo woo!

Planning on being in Toronto this weekend which I'm looking forward to because it means I get to hopefully spend a bunch of time with Jen, Sharon and Maggie. hopefully it all works out - Jen was even saying that on top of the "gathering" going on that the ROM is having a cool openning thing - looking forward to the randomness that may lie ahead!

1 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh man, Saturday is goung to be great! The new ROM is one of the coolest buildings I've ever seen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home