Why the world needs superman

Monday, May 14, 2007

Up, up and away!

I have not been well lately.
Started off with a headache. The headache grew into a migraine. Which led to needing pure silence, darkness, and a puke bucket by my bed. Its not fun cleaning out said bucket though when you still aren't well. It gets better. The next day - my "week off" began... fuktabular! ALSO - earlier in the week my toe took a bit of a beating - and it turns out its horribly infected and I have to go on antibiotics to try and stop the infection... right - me on antibiotics. The doctor had to go through a book to try and find one that I hadn't tried and possibly may not be allergic too! He seemed to enjoy yet be annoyed with the challenge!. The one he ended giving me has been ok --- My stomach is still very weak....and now everything tastes like dirty metal....and I'll save other details - but I'm not swelling, or rashing... so its not too bad!
I didn't get to go to Toronto for Sharon's bday :( It doesn't seem like it has already been a year though since she, Jen, Mark, John, Talon, etc.. went o Cuba for some grand celebrations! But speaking of trips and planes and celebrations... I had to get up at 3:30 this morning and take my mom and sister to the airport. They are flying to Calgary to have lunch with my brother and his girlfriend. Ok - thats not WHY they are flying to Calgary... they are actually on their way to B.C. and Calgary happens to be a stop on the way for them - and it happens that my brother and his girlfriend are in Calgary at the moment - so they are getting together at the airport for lunch. Then off to beautiful B.C. Well I've never been there to say personally that it is beautiful - but I've seen pictures and stories - and it seems to be.
I'm really proud of my mom for going. Just over a year ago my dad and her decided to go visit my aunt and uncle in B.C. for their 35th wedding anniversary... that would be May 19th (also the anniversary of Rafa and Sharon ;) )... but obviously my dad can't physically be there with my mom - but I'm sure he will be with her nonetheless.
I wish I could have gone with them - my mom said she'd even pay for me to go - which would be awesome because I've never been there - and it might be one of my last chances to see my aunt and uncle since they are getting older.... but sadly I have not proposed my thesis - so I must stay behind and work harder at this school thing. I guess you can't play all the time.
Well I'm off to start my day with other things (even though my day actually started almost 5 hours ago...YUCK!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home