Why the world needs superman

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

its a small world after all...

I know right now there is a lot of media coverage about the shootings at VTech. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected (directly of indirectly). The purpose of this is not for me to actual share my thoughts comments and feelings about the situation --
Sometimes it is interesting just how small the world is. When I heard of the 32-33 deaths that occurred on Monday I didn't assume that I would know anyone. I knew that amongst the victims one individual was Canadian - but I didn't know them. I don't believe I knew any of the students who were harmed... I also have not fully looked at the list of names.
However, I do have a link to one of the professors. He has done some great research within the realms of biomechanics. Though I never met him, my advisor knew him. Below is a link to his profile on the VTech site - just for interests sake - and to acknowledge him in a way. He has yet to be "featured" on any of the news reports when they give little stories about the victims.
http://www.sbes.vt.edu/Faculty/VT/granata.htm

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

on the whole "it's a small world" topic... I was getting a shiatsu deep tissue massage this morning to try and remove a large portion fo the tension residing in my neck, and started chatting it up with my masseuse. She knew the optometrist from Ingersoll who was dating a hot guy in University named Tim. Well.... wouldn't ya know, the optemtrist was my mom and brother's optemetrist, who was audited and got in a huge amount of trouble with the government for fraud, and her hot boyfriend was the son of my parents best friends. Very small world...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home