Why the world needs superman

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Superman....Clark Kent.....Cal-L

I've never really had a nickname before.... well not one that I've really ever gone by. The nickname I've been called the most would be Jack. My dad was never the best at remembering names so instead of Laura-Leo-Paula... which I suppose is a bit tricky to say he would exclaim Fred-Harry-Jack. (usually when we were getting ready to leave the house, or when dinner was ready, etc)
For a bit Elaine and I referred to each other as Jill and Jack, respectively. We were to be Jack and Jill in a dance once --- but never got to do so.
In high school once Katrina and I decided to give each other nicknames. She called me runaway. This was because the boys use to run away from me. Flattering I know. But it didn't stick so it doesn't matter.
Jen and I - since our native origin is Frogton became Frigitte and Frogetta. That didn't really stick either. (well not to be verbally called that at least).
A few people throughout university referred to me as P-Diddy ... but sicne someone else now likes to call himself that - I try and avoid it! hahaha.
Tom at Windsor started calling me "P"... and a few people picked up that habbit...which is weird because when yelling "P" down the hallway I wonder if anyone looks around for random urine...at least thats one of the first things I think of. hahaha.
At a conference a few weekends ago someone asked what my name was - but instead of hearing "Paula" correctly --- they thought the person said "Holla"... so for a short two days a few people called me "Holla".
Alright... don't worry there is a point to this...
Tonight while watching an episode of Law and Order my roommate and I started to discuss "Ice T". Its not the drinked iced tea... but its really close. It just makes you wonder why someone wants to be referred to as Ice T. Maybe Mr. T was an idol of his - and his friends said he was cool like Mr. T - or maybe even cooler - so much so that he was "ice".... thus the birth of Ice T. -- I'm sure if I googled it I'd find out - but maybe I'll save that for when I'm looking for somethign to desparately procrastinate with. So the discussion went on about the name - and how it is a beverage and we wondered if it was his favourite drink etc... than this is when the light bulb went off. Now - its probably not customary to give yourself a nickname - but Prince has done it several times - and thats gotta be the reason why he now has a bunch of money because it certainly cannot be for his skills of singing or entertaining. Nonetheless - a new nickname was born. One that seems so fitting. It starts with the letter "P" as my real does. It implies that I'm energetic - or at least peppy. AND - as with Ice T it sounds like one of my favourite drinks. What could this ever cleaver name be?
Pep-C.

3 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Frogetta, I know a few people who would kick your ass for implying that Prince is lacking in the singing and entertaining skills! That guy is pretty freaky, but he sure does know how to play a guitar!

I might start calling you Jack though.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Oh - I agree that he can play guitar --- thats why I didn't touch the guitar - I suppose that is mixed in with entertainment - but the bad singing, horrible dancing, interesting fashion style just overshadow that he can actually play the guitar - even if its usually a phalic symbol!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Well Pep-C I need a new update... need to know what's been keeping you busy and pre-occcupied, and what new happenings are happening in Paula's world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home