Why the world needs superman

Monday, March 05, 2007

you know superman's a redneck when...

Although I was born and raised a city girl - the country girl in me does shine to the surface from time to time....

Here's another reason why sometimes living in the middle of nowhere can be entertaining...
Today I saw Jed.
I've never met Jed before... this would be our first meeting I guess one would say.
Well, no, I guess people wouldn't really say that because we didn't actually meet. I never went up to him and introduced myself, nor did he introduce himself to me. But thats ok, no introduction was needed for me to know that he was Jed.
I had seen him from the back a bit int he distance, and as I slowly over time got closer in proximity to him thats when I first realized he was Jed.
I've often heard stories about people like Jed - but I don't think any of the stories were specifically about him... maybe they were but I never thought to stop and ask the story tellor... mainly because I didn't know about Jed until this faithful night.
I don't even recall making eye contact with him actually...I'm not even sure if he looked my way - he may not have even noticed I was there - but no matter... I noticed him - and that is what makes this story important.
Jed definitely brought a smile to my face tonight - and possibly a bit of a chuckle - you see the reason why I knew I saw Jed tonight was because I was driving in my car along a country road not too far from my house - and came across him in his truck, his red pick up truck... with the Ontario Farmers License Plate personalized to say "JED". Pure redneckness! Nice! You all know he had is buddy Jack Daniel's in the passenger seat, and possibly rover the dog too!

Update on the Snot Roh Mit Rim situation ---- 0/13 :(

2 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I'd hope that he wouldn't have JD in the passenger seat, that would be highly illegal.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

I have not won in Timmy Hoe's either... in case it makes you feel better... misery does love company!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home