Why the world needs superman

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

da bearz are da feated

You know when you have the flu - and you get the chills and the body aches mainly due to the fever? Well I have had this feeling for the last two days and cannot seem to shake it! Thus I am fearful that I am coming down with the flu. In an attempt to combat this situation I have been taking vitamins (granted I should takes such things on a regular basis anyway), tyenol, and dimetapp. The last time I had the flu I was hospitalized - and I don't care for that the happen again.... but considering the lack of drugs I can safely consume (pretty all that I can take is listed above) means I have a hard time over coming such ailments... eek!

On to some more interesting news.

The Colts won the superbowl!

Now... considering that during the Colts - Patriots game I was on the edge of my seat the entire game, making my mom not leave the room in fear that it would be bad luck, dancing around and cheering at the top of my lungs, sending out emails exclaiming how they made it to the superbowl moments after the completion of the game, in addition - my excitement over the Colts beating the Ravens in a what can otherwise be described as a boring football game (no TDs..seriously!) which led to me punching the crap out of Brian's arm as we watched the game at the bar - one might assume the overwhelming sense of excitement for the outcomes of this years superbowl - and my nonstop gloating.

Rather...

I appreciate the win in somewhat silence. I'm proud that my boys won - there were many on the team I feared would retire before ever receiving a ring - which would be a shame since they are some of the best players in the league at the moment. But - my Colts are a team I have cheered on despite the critics claiming they would never get to a superbowl game let alone win one! I somewhat enjoyed that factor of cheering them on - knowing others did not approve or thought I was crazy (just about as crazy as being a Leaf's fan? hahaha). However instead of getting to be excited I am moreso in a state of now what? they've reached the ultimate goal they were striving for - so now what? If they had lost the superbowl - sure that would suck - but at least next year they would return to once again chase their ultimate dream. I get that now they can try and do it for a second year in a row - and maybe that will be an inticing challenge. I'm not saying I'm now going to stop cheering for the Colts and start cheering on oh lets say the Lions (hahaha... yeah right), but their victory in a way seems a bit bitter sweet!

Also - I'm happy that Payton Manning was given the MVP - as he has carried this team for years and is definitely a star and deserves to be recognized. I sadly however feel that this undercuts other important players on the team that also deserve much notice. For example, if i was asked who in the playoffs on the Colts deserved MVP - I actually would not state Manning, but rather I would nominate Rhodes. He did a lot for the team and will continue to do so in my mind - so Rhodes if you randomly read this (as I expect he will not) Good Job! Way To Go!

With the football season coming to an end for yet another day I suppose I should really get this thesis written.... Oh Bother....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home