Why the world needs superman

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Superman wears tights

I had to walk to main campus today from my building - its quite the adventure at times. Today was no exception.
I accept the fact that I'm no longer on Western campus - which means that I am not going to walk admist multiple Paris Hilton wannabes - and males who think they are applying to be on the cover of GQ magazine....
I also am not surprised by seeing some interesting expressions through clothing from individuals in the Toronto area. All the power to you.
I can't really comment on clothing myself as my wardrobe is far from spectacular - but I am getting better - moving to Windsor and having the ability to go over and shop in the states more frequently has definitely been a huge help to my clothing styles.
However.... on my way to main campus today I saw two interesting things. The second (I start with the second because I actually don't think it is all that odd, but more of an interesting note - maybe one to bring back to the days of our childhood when our thoughts and ideas roamed free). I was walking on the sidewalk (free of snow).. but the girl coming towards me decided to walk to the side of the sidewalk - and thus walk in the snow. Usually during the day when I have more school hours to survive I don't like to have wet feet - but nonetheless this girl decided to walk through the snow.. good for her. The first! A girl, also walking towards me was wearing one of the more interesting outfits I have seen, and definitely the most interesting one I've seen in Windsor. I'm not sure if it being the season of winter that makes the clothing option better or more odd. I'm not even entirely sure what she was wearing from her waist up - so we won't discuss such details. She had some random boot footwear on - but once again not of prime importance. This girl had on black tights - not nylons, but tights - stockingish. ok - I can accept that - tights/stockings are warmer than nylons in winter - so if wearing a dress or a skirt this may make some sense... but she wasn't wearing a dress, or a skirt. She was wearing black boxers with some sort of pattern on them. Thats right - she was wearing boxers. She had her school bag and stuff - but it does beg to ask the question: did you forget to put your pants on before leaving the house? I know people have dreams about doing such a thing.... and I know midterms are starting - but how do you remember to but on the tights and the boxers and forget the pants. Also - whats then the point of the boxers? Under kilts so you don't see the girls panties... for guys to wear as underwear - but to wear over tights... makes me think she didn't forget her pants at all....hmmmm...

2 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger Jen said...

haven't you heard? tights and boxers are the hottest combo since big purses and little dogs!!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Well I suppose since I never jumped in with the big purses and little dog fad I can also stay away from the tights and boxers fad....oh man - I'm so upset! What will I do now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home