Why the world needs superman

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I feel so stupid

I'm having one of those days. The type of day that makes you want to quit school and never return. The type of day where you wonder what the F you are doing - and you have no idea where you are trying to get.
I have felt so stupid today - and like I have disappointed my advisor with something I am working on that I just want to throw in the towel and swim to Cuba!
I want to be a little kid so I can throw a temper tantrum - I just want to scream, yell, throw things, and rip things a part.... oh yeah - I want to kick too!
My dad would tell me I'm being silly - to sit down and try my best to do what I need to do - and if it doesn't work out - oh well... but not to sit here and fret or feel sorry for myself.... my mom on the other hand - she's the one to tell me to take my mind off it and go and do something or find something that makes me happy..... my dad's advice usually wins out in these types of situations though... hahahaha..... but days like these still just make me so upset.

3 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

if you're swimming to Cuba, I'm coming too.... although ya know - you can fly to Cuba, it's Cubans that normally swim to Miami.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Paula said...

I could fly - but the would defeat the purpose of throwing in the towel..hahaha... I never said I was logical.... but as if I'm going to swim to Cuba... three problems with that
1) not the best long distance swimmer
2) not one to wear a bathing suit
3) ahhh....fish. (which is actually the biggest problem of them all)

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Jen said...

4) Fish that are sharks.

Don't worry Paula - the purpose of school is for you to learn how to work things out before you get into the work world. From what I understand, you are doing really, really well at school. Nobody expects you to be perfect and I'm sure whatever happened is NOT major enough for people's opinions of what an awesome person you are to change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home