Why the world needs superman

Monday, December 11, 2006

My dad's birthday

Right now I am wishing there was a Superman. A Superman that could go and get my dad and let him be here for his brithday. Just so I can be selfish and give my dad hug. So I can tell him again that I love him. So that he can could the chocolate behind door number 12 on my advent calendar like he has for the last 24 years of my life (thats right I've never eaten the #12 chocolate). So that my mom doesn't have to rewrap and re-sign christmas cards and presents she prepared during the summer time. So that we can put the tree up on December 12th and have it be a joyeous occassion like it always was - usually with some tinsle being thrown places that isn't on the tree. So we could have dutch almond cake and so my dad can blow out the candles. So he can sing along when we sing happy birthday and he can do the little dance he always did. So that I don't have to accept that he's dead.... so that when I think he's still here with us, he actually will be. So I don't have to miss him. So I don't have the live the rest of my life without him in a phsyical presence. So my mom wouldn't be sad, my sister wouldn't be acting out, so my legs wouldn't feel so numb... and well .. my brother has actually been a much nicer person - but I'm sure he's gone through some pain and anguish - so lets take that away. For a lot of other selfish reasons too.
I hope he has an awesome birthday though wherever he is... I hope he's happy... I hope to see him again one day.

7 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Jen said...

If we had advent calendars for October I would give you the 8th! I'm thinking of you today & I hope that it goes as well as it can. Love ya, you can get through!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Jen said...

If we had advent calendars for October I would give you the 8th! I'm thinking of you today & I hope that it goes as well as it can. Love ya, you can get through!

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Jen said...

If we had advent calendars for October I would give you the 8th! I'm thinking of you today & I hope that it goes as well as it can. Love ya, you can get through!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

wow, jen sure is enthusiastic.


that was a very sweet post paula. Im looking forwards to seeing you on newyears.

mark

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

wow, jen sure is enthusiastic.


that was a very sweet post paula. Im looking forwards to seeing you on newyears.

mark

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Paula said...

I was so excited to see five comments on my blog since lately I've been getting zero --- but a bit sad that they were repeats - but at least they were repeats of people I love! not that other people who occassionally post comments on my blog are unloved...I'll stop now...

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

I hope the 11th went alright for you... I'd give you my 17th for today, but I don't have an advent calendar, and I'm fairly certain I never have - but if I do someday, you can definitely have whatever chocolates make you happy. That's saying a lot from me -- you know how i LOVE chocolate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home