Why the world needs superman

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Alls

Alls I have to do today.....
Alls I'd really like to do....
Now I have never been known for being a master of the written word, nor I have perfected the ability to speak the English language, but I'm pretty freaking sure that "alls" is not a word. With that being said why do people more of late seem to start a whole heck of a lot of phrases with the term alls? I have heard so many people use the term alls so much in everyday language that I have on occassion found myself using it! This drives me nuts! I admit that I use slang a lot - but alls - it is becoming an incredible peeve of mine! GrrrrrrGAK!
HOWEVER
I have come up with a really cool commercial idea...

White screen on the television
Enter from the right of the screen an individual looking not so well, acting in a way to imply a soar throat.
Enter from the left of the screen guy 2 who is in a much more cherry mood and fiddling with a package of cough drops in his right hand.
[Guy 2] - "Hey buddy.. how's it going?"
[Guy 1] - with a very scruffy voice tries to reply... ".....alls....." cough cough cough
[Guy 2] - "Alls.... going great?"
[Guy 1] - shaking head and arms as to say no no no ...attempts to talk again ".....alls....." cough cough cough
[Guy 2] - "Alls.... you wanna do is dance?"
[Guy 1] - shaking head and arms as to say no no no ...attempts to talk again and pointing at Guy 2 ".....alls....." cough cough cough
[Guy 2] - "You know man, your not sounding so good, maybe you should have one of my Halls, they work great" ... offers Guy 1 a Halls
[Guy 1] - graciously accepts cough drop

-- advertisement about Halls ---
-- back to the two guys, as they turn to walk away ---

[Guy 1] - "You know that alls isn't a word right?"
[Guy 2] - "What ar you talking about?"
[Guy 1] - "alls.....?"

on the screen...... "Alls ?????"
with fancy graphics in comes an "H" and the "?" get replaced with "!" to show
"Halls!!!!!"
and they voice guy says something else about Halls.

It looks really cool in my head - and even if you don't enjoy it - I still think its better than 85% ofthe commercials out there that are complete crap!

Well I guess alls I have to do now is hit that publish button!

Alls ya later

2 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

you should definitely pitch that to Halls... it's a great ad! Well.. the way I picture it from your script it is. Maybe you have a hidden talent for commercials?

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Maybe I do!!! That would be wikked awesome (as a 15 year old my say)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home