Why the world needs superman

Monday, November 20, 2006

What do you think about that?

I had a good weekend I think.
Saturday I got to attend a wedding.....I was the date of an ex-boyfriend, and it was his sister who was getting married. There is some history behind me and him, as well as between his family in general - so I wasn't sure how things were going to be. Everyone knew who I was when I got there though - either because they've met me before - or through process of elimination I suppose. I didn't even think before going to the wedding that I might have a difficult time at the event. The mother of the bride passed away when we were about ten years old - cancer. So they had done some things in her memory throughout the wedding... and I didn't see it coming so that was a bit hard to swallow. I wanted to leave the room so badly when the father of the bride gave his speech - but we were seated at the table next to the head table - so I had to sit my way through it... but when it came time for the bride and her dad to dance - I was gone! I excused myself to return at a later time. I became very quiet and in my own little world for about 20 minutes after that - and it was the father of my ex's neighbour who pulled me on the dance floor and snapped me out of my daze - and the rest of the night was a blast.
The next day - the wedding reception was still going - but we left around 1pm. I met up with other friends who didn't live too far away and enjoyed some quick catch-up. On the way back to Windsor I made a quick stop in at Sharons (which was good because I had to pee and I'm not a fan of public washrooms!)
However, Sharon was very very very tired - and thus I was perceived as a stand-up comic!
We discussed who people don't understand what I do in school and thus assume that I design and build planes - we discussed how the EMU suits astronauts wear are attached to the shuttle via a hook - we discussed how my roommate likes to social work me - and we discussed how I like frogs and thats why Jen and I are friends. Doesn't sound so funny written there - but if you heard the context of the conversation - you may have also found it funny. We couldn't stop laughing about this idea of having a social worker on every plane ride you ever go on - and it would just be the head of the social worker in what looked like a microwave - yeah - I think you had to be there - but it kept me laughing until about Chatham which provided me with some energy to stay awake!
I haven't been very productive today - so I'm off to try and change that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home