Why the world needs superman

Monday, February 19, 2007

True Story

My mom told me a story about some people she knows.
This woman who lives at the nursing home my mom works at is always visited by her husband and there dog. Sadly on Feb. 7th 2007 her husband passed away. Although the nursing home has been under lockdown the lady was able to go to her husbands funeral. On Feb. 14th 2007 (aka Valentine's Day) she walked up to one of the staff members and asked what day it was - and she informed her of the date and the holiday. The lady replied - "I think I'll go to my sweetheart today".... and sure enough she passed away! I know that two people have now died and it will definitely be difficult on their family and friends - but how sweet of a story is that!!! My mom and I both wondered who has the dog now though!!!

Another thing of the weekend that I heard that I enjoyed. Its about forgiveness. Some say in order to be forgiven you must first believe in sin --- but I think that is only from a religious aspect and does not have to be the case. There are many people who don't follow a religion - and they still do things "wrong" and ask for forgiveness by stating they are sorry. This is the thing that I heard that I liked....

don't forgive with a if (ie: only if you never do it again)
don't forgive with a but (ie: but only when you do this for me)
forgive
fully and completely - otherwise you aren't forgiving at all.

2 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Thanks for blogging!! I think this is a beautiful post - both. The first reminds me of the Notebook which albeit is a total chick flick, is a beautiful story about experiencing a life in love with a partner. The forgiveness part is so true - to let go and allow yourself the calm of moving on after being hurt by someone, you must have it be an unconditional and complete process, so that the next time isn't an accumulation, or an extra added hurt, but a new one, that requires its own evaluation and forgiveness. It's a great, and universal lesson.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Paula said...

its funny - the notebook was on tv last night and I completely refused to watch it. I have only seen the movie once - knew the ending of the movie within the first five minutes and can no longer watch it. But I understand what you mean about the universal message - those are always good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home