Why the world needs superman

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Where is Supermans "I forgot how warm you are" when you need it?

Here you go Sharon.

I haven't been sleeping much. And when I do - I dream. And I seem to dream the most randomly odd things - for example Jen and I trying to survive a nuclear bomb that gets set off in Whitby. (hey Jen - maybe words like nuclear bomb get the metrotoronto police to check blogs... if so - no worries it was just a random dream - I don't even know how to make a bomb...)

My advisor and I had a chat yesterday - it wasn't planned... and I wonder if he had planned the conversation though - just not the timing.....I'm still unsure if it was a scare tactic - but if it wasn't - it sure did work as one! This gal has got to get this thesis together more quickly!

Today - was a cold day. Winter days can be cold outside - but you can bundle up, keep moving, and try to stay inside. Most people probably took that advice today - but not me.... well I didn't intentionally avoid it. Today I went to Detroit. Not just Detroit though - but on Woodward Ave. It isn't football season so I was not making a visit to Ford Field (something I would love to do - but as of yet, have not). However, next door to Ford Field is the outstanding Comerica Park - home to the Detroit Tigers. The official home opener was on Monday - a nice day - a warm day - a day full of excitement and energy. Boy was it ever a different story today. The stadium was not sold out - I don't even think it was half full. People were not jolly, hugging their neighbour, sharing beers, cheering on the teams, watching some good ole baseball - oh no. People were in winter jackets, huddle under blankets, bringing out the gloves, and shivering beyond belief... and that was before it even started to snow! Thats right - it snowed. I have never been to a baseball game where it snowed - I can now scratch that off the things to do in life list!.... oh wait - that was never on it!... I had never longed so much before for baseball to be played on a glass covering over water while I sat on a beach in Cancun Mexico with a very nice looking waiter who enjoys to flirt with me constantly refilling my "monkeytoe". The Tigers were up 8-0 in the third..... then 9-0... then 9-2 (Thanks to FRANK THOMAS!!!! and Aaron Hill)..... then 10-2..... THEN in the EIGHT INNING 10-9..... Ten to freaking nine --- the blue jays were coming back!!! They were making the cold worth it...but no - they lost their mojo - lost it - should have had it - but no.... final score 10-9 for the Tigers.
You would think the worst part would be the blue jays losing - or even the cold... but no - the worst part was that the stadium ran out of hot chocolate - so we didn't have anything to keep warm with! BRUTAL!
and with that - its your weekend update - thanks for tunning in - I'm Amy Pheoler and Seth Myers...
Speaking of which - Payton Manning (Quarterback of the Colts)... was the host on SNL - AWESOMENESS!!!

2 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Despite the cold, that sounds like a lot of fun! Who did you go with?

Ps - I love your dream - scary but also entertaining!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Paula said...

I went with Brandon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home