Why the world needs superman

Thursday, June 28, 2007

come on down - superman your the next contestant...

Apparently since Jen is off on adventures in Europe (currently Poland) and Sharon is soon to embark on a journey to Cuba - I have felt the need to "over-blog". Although I'm sure both Jen and Sharon will state that there is no such thing - and that I should probably blog more often (as long as I abide by the "rules") to let them know what I'm up too in my far away land of Windsor.
Today I'd like to share a brief thought about game shows.
I don't mean the game shows like deal or no deal that are pure luck but seem to provide a level of entertainment for home and audience viewers alike - but rather games of a higher intellect - for example jeopardy. I love jeopardy - such a great game - and hosted by a Canadian - very cool. I enjoy testing my attainment of knowledge - and every episode not only learn a little bit more = but also expand my realization that in the world of knowledge I know very little. Which actually brings me to the reason as to why I decided to tell you about game shows. Last night I was watching 1 vs 100 hosted by the dad from Full House - another great television show that usually airs re-runs at 5pm - if I happened to have cable.... but it does test some level of your knowledge - but typically more pop culture and trival type things - than from a realm of higher academics. Last night there was a question.
Which came first
a) chicken mcnuggets
b) egg mcmuffin
c) both at the same time
I first laughed at the thought that they were asking a McDonalds question - a so-called restaurant I try to avoid and am usually successful at - unless I am craving a mcflurry.
Nonetheless - I didn't know the answer. I assumed chicken mcnuggets. McDonalds was about burgers and lunch/dinner meals before it expanded horizons to included breakfast items such as option b). I have also eaten the chicken mcnuggets whereas I have not had an egg mcmuffin - nor do I plan on starting. Well it just so happens that b) was the correct answer. McDonalds introduced the world to egg mcmuffins in 1973 and chicken mcnuggets in 1983. It was at that moment in time I realized that I was older than chicken mcnuggets. That my friend is how you know you are getting old - when you cannot say that you lived in a time when chicken mcnuggets always existed - its like saying you walked the earth before cars were invented. My life is over - just kidding - but it was still a scary thought.
Random side note of todays post - Who wants to be a superhero - is a television show hosted by Mr. Lee.... although its cheesy - I still have found myself almost through episode one in a matter of a day --- and I wonder why my thesis isn't getting done... hmmmmm

3 Comments:

At 3:43 AM, Blogger Jen said...

that is a wonderful take on the chicken or egg question!!!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Paula said...

hahahah - in this case the egg came first!!!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

I LOVE THIS BLOG :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home