Why the world needs superman

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Fortress of Solitude

You told me this weekend that I am no longer allowed to make my blog the obits section - so I regret to inform you that I cannot type certain information regarding the last day - and I do this just to make you happy.
Instead I'll talk about things that you (Jen and Sharon) were present for.
The Crystal at the ROM.
It twas a very interesting outing. It was an outing that was to end with the exploration of a new world - one within the realms of the world we already exist - one that was built by man. So I suppose I should not have been too surprised by the fact it was not a fortress of solitude as it was not created by beings from another planet that has long since been destroyed. Although when one mentions a building to me that is built to ressemble crystals the Cal-El's fortress of solitude is what floats amongst the images in my mind. Although walking admist a fortress of solitude would provide me with great entertainment, the structure referred to as the Crsytal, the new addition to the ROM, was also quite entertaing. I do believe that this should be the location of a Canada's Next Top Model Photo Shoot.... Jen and Mark were able to take some quite outstanding photos in my mind using the different angles and structures within our midst. Although the night was focused on exploring the structure absent of any right angles - and it was fascinating - I do not think that was my favourite moment of the evening. There were other incidents such as playing with candle wax, walking along multiple dimly lit streets with homes that possessed much character and mystery, a flashing light that beat to the tune of one's own rhythm (heart beat), a geography lesson of north versus south Australia, the pruchase of the most expensive drinks I've ever been in the presence of at a bar, a shirtless man in the most tight and pink pants I have ever seen, a television star dining with us - or maybe a table beside where we were sitting, but to go along with that television star we did have some interesting mini-dramas not starring this said television star, and many more stories from the time we left the house to the time we returned (at our own times). My favourite moments though were the journey to the first meeting location. This journey involved a story amongst itself! There were buses, broken subways, crammed buses, interesting street cars, bum dances, window poundings, longing goodbyes, a strange walk of a stranger trying to belong, an almost missed stop, but also, and most importantly, the creation of a new friendship amongst people who would otherwise not know each other. It just goes to show - you should sometimes talk to strangers in Toronto - sure I don't advise this all the time - be somewhat selective - not discriminatory - just selective - you never know who you could meet or what stories you'll have to tell - people are interesting - people can be fun - TTC Brian was.....

4 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Jen said...

"the purchase of the most expensive drinks I've ever been in the presence of at a bar, a shirtless man in the most tight and pink pants"

Shirtless guy, in my mind, kinda made up for the fact that I paid $25 for two drinks.

I had a great weekend - you should be here more often :)

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Paula said...

I should be there more often I agree - but I also think you should be in Windsor more often!

Also - did you know that another David was at the ROM opening too? David Foster!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

ummm.... I LOVE THIS POST :)


.... happy Sharon.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Paula said...

yeah!!! I'm glad you finally like a post of mine again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home