Why the world needs superman

Thursday, July 26, 2007

John's Beaver?

I came hoome from school yesterday to be greeted by a beaver. Thats right - I said a beaver. He was sitting in my drive and kindly moved out of the way so I could park my car. He went to the steps of the porch and just watched me. He didn't look scared - he looked interested to see what I would do next - like a quiet three old watching mom come home from work. He was very friendly and VERY CUTE! I didn't touch him though - or really go near him because I was unsure as to what he might do. I didn't know what to do about the fact that I now had a beaver on my property - do I call animal control? I looked them up in the phonebook - there was only a number for pest control - so I called the humane society....I got the answering machine. So I called Brian - he's in Windsor - he's pretty smart - maybe he'll know. He said to just leave him alone and he'll find his way back home - thats what I thought too - but I wanted to make sure.
I still feel like I should come up with a name for him --- or call Bell Canada and inform them I have one of their mascots! hahaha.
As for John - that would be Mr. Travolta. I decided to watch Hairspray last night - sort of a guilty pleasure I suppose. I didn't go to the theatre though. It was an ok movie - nothing special though. But I don't understand why John Travolta plays a female role. I don't see why he didn't play a male role --- or why his character couldn't be played by a female... I just don't get it - aybe I'm missing something --- I haven't looked up the past of the play either to see if the role is typically played by a male - and even if that is tradition - I still don't get it. Its not that John Travolta did a bad job - it was ok I guess.... but definitely a bit creepy...

1 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Nice! This is an entertaining story. And for hairspray - don't feel like it's a guilty pleasure - I really want to see it too - even if it's just for the curiosity. And I don't know anything about the history, the tradition or anything else. Just a really crappy movie I'd like to see.

As for the beaver, well - we all have beaver troubles once in a while - it's just part of life.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home