Why the world needs superman

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The return of the spatula!

Today I woke up with the thought that it was going to be a better day. I had originally woke at 4 something in the morning - like most sane individuals who don't need to be up for another four hours - I went back to sleep. Three and a half hours later I officially started my day - but I wasn't moving at a fast pace - but that was ok - the latest I could appear at school as 10am - plenty o' time.
However - before I even made it to school I was on the verge of tears - and no the spatula didn't try and act out a revolt from the night before.
I drove to school with my many bags of books.... I parked the car... I got out of the car and leaned back in to grab my books. As I came back out of the car - BAM! Knocked my head off the frame of the car. That hurts - it hurts real bad when you also hit the exact spot you are wearing a hard hair clip - the exact spot - that takes talent!
To make matters worse - the door of the car closes on me. Thats not to so bad. Its not even a bad thing that the door was locked. The bad part is that my purse and keys were still on the seat INSIDE the car. AWESOME. I don't have CAA either.
Even if I did I don't have time to call them - its ten minutes to ten and I have two people coming in to do an experiment for me. CRAP.
The experiment went well - and I was even smart enough to find someone in the place to help me unlock my car with a hanger! PHEW~! Day is going to be ok.
Just to make sure though I decide to play some cricket with Tim and Chris in the lab (sure - we shouldn't be smacking a ball - that we made from elastics and tape - around a room with lots of expensive equipment - but its just not the same to play it outside - plus its not a game about how far and hard you can hit the ball - but its all about placement.
I turned out to be not too bad at it either - tennis and baseball skills paying off!
Then I ended up having a meeting with the advisor - that at first was not going well - but in the end it was ok - at least that was my opinion - I can never tell what he actually thinks about me!
Now I'm going out to dinner - things should be good hear on in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home