Why the world needs superman

Monday, September 21, 2009

words to live by.

Its been awhile
I'm sorry

Life has definitely been full of a lot of curve balls lately.

The last few days have been interesting.

I won a Canada-wide award at a conference that was being held in Quebec based on written work and an oral presentation among graduate students - it was pretty exciting.
I also had my first publication with me as a first author! Totally exciting.
But I also got a review back for a project in which the reviewer told me that I need to learn how to write a sentence because I apparently have no clue.

What I have been trying to teach myself is how to dwell on the positive and not the negative - teaching myself how to let the bad stuff roll of your shoulder like water.

I just watched a commercial
It was featuring a baseball player and it was about how he had been cut from a team, and how he struck out many times.
The most important thing however was that he didn't walk away although he wanted too - he kept going back to the plate.

Words to live by.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

dude

not only is this a matter of what to focus on, it's also about knowing what is a big deal and what is not. Winning that award is quantifiably huge: frigging CANADA.

And first author is also some serious big deals. Now being a serious big deal comes with serious big-deal-like responsibilities. One of which is putting up with the haters.

Clearly that reviewer is a hater, and that is just part of the game. By publishing you are bravely putting yourself out-there to receive both positive and negative feedback, its unavoidable, can't have one without the other.

Just be sure to see which of the two you are clearly getting more of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home